Today, we are sharing about 10 Sentences Essay on Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar for students in English. This article can help the students who are looking for information on 10 Lines Speech or Short Paragraph on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar. This post is generally helpful for classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.
10 Sentences about Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar in English [Set 1]
1. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was a great social reformer and writer.
2. He was born at Birsingha, a small village in the district of undivided Midnapore on 26th September 1820.
3. His father was Thakurdas Bandopadhyay and his mother’s name was Bhagabati Devi, a kind and noble lady.
4. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar is popularly known as Vidyasagar.
5. Vidyasagar came of a very poor family.
6. He started his early education at the village pathshala.
7. After completing his primary education Vidyasagar went to Calcutta with his father for higher education and was admitted to Sanskrit college.
8. Vidyasagar learnt the English numerals from milestones on the roadside.
9. He was not only an ocean of learning but also an ocean of kindness.
10. This great son of Bengal died on July 29, 1891.
10 Lines on Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar in English [Set 2]
1. Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was a great son of Bengal.
2. Vidyasagar spent his childhood amidst abject poverty.
3. He was very meritorious from his childhood.
4. He struggled very hard and in the course of time became a great scholar.
5. Vidyasagar also worked some time as an inspector of schools.
6. His attempt in spreading education, especially among the womenfolk, indicated a new era.
7. He fought for the cause of widow marriage.
8. He also wrote many books like Barnoparichay, Bodhoday, Kathamala, Shakuntala, etc.
9. Vidyasagar is truly called the father of modern Bengali prose.
10. Although Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar is no more with us but he will remain ever alive in our minds throughout the ages.