Today in this article we are sharing about 10 Lines on Nelson Mandela in English. The students who are looking for information about Nelson Mandela this post is suitable for them. This article is written very easy and useful for the students of classes 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
10 Lines about Nelson Mandela in English [SET 1]
1. Nelson Mandela was a great social activist and politician of South Africa.
2. He was born on 18th July 1918 in South Africa.
3. His father’s name was Godla Henry and his mother’s name was Nose Keni.
4. He was given the English forename of ‘Nelson’ by his teacher.
5. Nelson Mandela was educated as a barrister-at-law.
6. But instead of living in comfort and luxury as a successful lawyer he joined the African National Congress and devoted himself to the task of establishing equality among all Africans – black and white.
7. He was the first black president of the Republic of South Africa who was elected completely by democratic election in 1994.
8. He adopted a new constitution of the Republic of South Africa in 1996 after being elected president that prohibited all kinds of discrimination.
9. He was awarded the Nobel prize in 1993 for world peace.
10. This great nobleman breathed his last at his home on 5th December 2013.
10 Sentences about Nelson Mandela in English [SET 2]
1. Nelson Mandela is also known as the ”Father of South Africa”.
2. He studied law at the University of Witwatersrand and became a lawyer.
3. He fought against the white tyranny of the people of South Africa.
4. The South African government imprisoned Nelson Mandela in 1962 for life.
5. But the continued struggle for freedom on the leaders of the African National Congress compelled the South African government to release ‘Nelson’ on 11th February 1990.
6. He was released from jail after twenty-seven long years.
7. In 2009, the United Nations declared Nelson Mandela’s birthday on 18th July to be Nelson Mandela International Day.
8. He received more than around 250 honors, including the Nobel prize.
9. He was the symbol of protest against injustice and inequality.
10. The name of Nelson Mandela will always remain inscribed in gold in the history of world social reform.